• The KillerFrogs

PurpleMenace: Getting to know 2018 basketball commit Angus McWilliam

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
1805add32eadcb8a631eb1d35c72bc64

PurpleMenace: Getting to know 2018 basketball commit Angus McWilliam

Geoff Craig, Staff Writer
Purple Menace

Yesterday TCU Basketball surprised a ton of people when Angus McWilliam, a native of New Zealand committed to join the Horned Frogs in 2018. You see, we are so enamored with our own basketball players here in the United States that we forget that there are some really good international players. Angus McWilliam is one of the best up-and-comers out there and I thought we should all get to know him a bit better before he arrives in Fort Worth in fall 2018. Here is my exclusive interview with future Horned Frog Angus McWilliam.

Not a lot of people here have heard about you, what can you tell them about your game that will get them excited?

"My shooting ability combined with a decent foot speed for a guy my height means that I can drag the bigs out from the paint and away from the hoop. For my teammates this would allow them to drive into this new space and create better shots for the whole team. Defensively, I am able to switch out to quicker guys and hedge harder on screens which makes the opposition's job on offense a whole lot harder."

Read more at https://sports.yahoo.com/news/getti...0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--

Portland Frog

Good article! I have wondered how the recruiting process works for players from other countries. It appears to work very similarly, even with visits as far away as New Zealand.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
This kid sounds like he will be a coach on the court.....very smart. Looking forward to following him!

Yep. He looks sneaky athletic. The kind of young man you'd want your daughter to date. Heady. Lunch pail kid. Gets the most out of his abilities.