• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Chico Dusty

I watched the HBO doc about the Boston Marathon bombings last night. It focuses on the people who were injured and their road to recovery. Very, very powerful stuff. Very intense, but what a great watch. It captures the resiliency of the human spirit among ranges of other emotions. If you watch, make sure to have some tissues handy.

Last edited:

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I lived in the McCart Apts and the Jack in the Crack on Berry was our late night go-to. We'd pig out on those awful, wonderful tacos. Grease dripping, smashed-together, deep fried tacos. When I finally had a real taco at a restaurant, I was amazed.
Instead of Funyons, we preferred Fritos.

I worked at that Jack in the Crack part time in '78-'79 my sophomore year. Some of those Paschal kids would roll up to the drive thru, crank down the window & release a free-form cloud of partially consumed cannabis then ask me where they were. Upon informing the driver he was at Jack he'd then order a dozen jumbo jacks. The fact he was driving alone made no difference. Cash up front & he drove off happy, Really happy.

talor

I worked at that Jack in the Crack part time in '78-'79 my sophomore year. Some of those Paschal kids would roll up to the drive thru, crank down the window & release a free-form cloud of partially consumed cannabis then ask me where they were. Upon informing the driver he was at Jack he'd then order a dozen jumbo jacks. The fact he was driving alone made no difference. Cash up front & he drove off happy, Really happy.
On this day many years ago while at TCU I once ordered 25 chicken sandwiches from the JITB on Berry.

JugbandFrog

It was so great back then. Take $20 from the ATM, drink at the Pub all night and still have money left for Taco Bell/Whataburger/Jack in the Box. And usually breakfast money. Now I spend $20 before the car leaves the driveway.
Crystal21_1.JPG

I remember when the Pub prices were even cheaper! That was 2003.

So yesterday morning, "our cat" (its not my darnin cat) was nowhere to be found in the house. Mrs tftbnl and daughter of tftbnl searched frantically and became convinced that I was a cat murderer who (subconsciously on purpose) left a door open letting the cat outside to become coyote chow. After an hour of shaking the cats food bowl, walking around the house and neighborhood yelling "here ktty kitty" like a maroon, I departed for work. Two hours later the cat is found sitting behind a box in our closet staring into the abyss. The cat is either deaf, or a typical cat and won't acknowledge your presence unless it wants to. Darn that cat and the consternation it caused me yesterday.

#darngoodfornothndontcomewhenyoucallthemcats
#sorryq
#hideep

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
So yesterday morning, "our cat" (its not my darnin cat) was nowhere to be found in the house. Mrs tftbnl and daughter of tftbnl searched frantically and became convinced that I was a cat murderer who (subconsciously on purpose) left a door open letting the cat outside to become coyote chow. After an hour of shaking the cats food bowl, walking around the house and neighborhood yelling "here ktty kitty" like a maroon, I departed for work. Two hours later the cat is found sitting behind a box in our closet staring into the abyss. The cat is either deaf, or a typical cat and won't acknowledge your presence unless it wants to. Darn that cat and the consternation it caused me yesterday.

#darngoodfornothndontcomewhenyoucallthemcats
#sorryq
#hideep

Liked for "maroon" and hashtags.
0mENF.jpg

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Just watched the last 2 episodes of The Kennedys After Camelot, on Reelz, with Katie Holmes as Jackie.
Don't bother. What a bunch of crap. Just more blather about how saintly she was. The dialogue was straight out of a treacle machine. Yeah, the Kennedys had a lot of tragedies - who hasn't?

#rantover
#i'mgrouchytonight

Just watched the last 2 episodes of The Kennedys After Camelot, on Reelz, with Katie Holmes as Jackie.
Don't bother. What a bunch of crap. Just more blather about how saintly she was. The dialogue was straight out of a treacle machine. Yeah, the Kennedys had a lot of tragedies - who hasn't?

#rantover
#i'mgrouchytonight

Well, to the best of my knowledge, no one in my family has been murdered by Cubans.

Latest posts