• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Frogs Capture National Championship

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
http://gofrogs.cstv.com/sports/c-rifle/recaps/031012aaa.html

Frogs Capture National Championship

Title is second in three years for TCU

FORT WORTH, Texas - The TCU rifle team used a dominating effort in air rifle to erase a five-point deficit to claim its second National Championship in the last three seasons. Sarah Scherer finishes third individually in the air rifle finals. In addition to the team National Championship, the Frogs took home the air rifle title after firing a 2,353, topping West Virginia's team score of 2,350.

Kentucky finished day one in first place, but couldn't hold off the Frogs' charge as they fired a 2,353 in air rifle to post a dominating 4,676-4,661 victory over the Wildcats.

The Horned Frogs got the day started off in good fashion as the trio of Catherine Green, Mattie Brogdon and Caitlin Morrissey turned in solid performances at the range. Brogdon led the group, shooting a 588 followed by Green's 584. Morrissey shot a 583.

In the final relay, the Frogs put a stamp on their victory. Sarah Scherer tied for the best mark of the day as she shot a 593 to earn her spot in the finals. Sarah Beard capped a solid tournament with a final tally of 588.

Scherer finished third individually after shooting a 100.3 in the finals for a total score of 693.3.

Rounding out the field of eight in third was Alaska, followed by Army, UTEP, West Virginia, Jacksonville State and Nevada.

NativeFrog

Awesome!

And am I correct that this is both sexes--i.e. Our women are beating teams of men?

What does it matter? Do we want TCU to be known because of its national championships in rifle?! How about a national championship in something meaningful, like football, basketball or baseball?!

Endless Purple

What does it matter? Do we want TCU to be known because of its national championships in rifle?! How about a national championship in something meaningful, like football, basketball or baseball?!
There is more to life than just football and basketball. These ladies excelled in their chosen field and won a championship. Excellent for them - something I would guess you could not do. I know I could not.

It is not like someone said let's blow off a football title so we can win one in rifle. It may be hard to comprehend but you can win a title in both.

or perhaps just cancel the olympics because they do not have football.

I'm proud of our Horned Frog Rifle Team.

Talk about a rude and degrading post by Native.