• The KillerFrogs

2013 Updated recruiting list

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
I do not have video on Phillips (DeSoto OG) but that kid is a beast. Offered by TCU, UT and Ou at least though a name you have rarely heard if at all.

talor

Is our next Junior Day on the same day as Texas' JD2 (Feb 25th)?

I know our first one was one day before Texas' on Feb 12. Seems like poor planning.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Is our next Junior Day on the same day as Texas' JD2 (Feb 25th)?

I know our first one was one day before Texas' on Feb 12. Seems like poor planning.

Same day. They moved up the start of spring drills to Fri so Sat the recruits see more of real time practice, etc. but UT has a huge group coming in, but some key TCU recruits will miss for various reasons especially Cody Thomas & DJ Ward. Several trying to make both but we shall see.

I do like the Jordan Sterns kid a lot who is coming in this weekend. He was touted as the next big RB at Byron Steele but though he still gets some carries he has excelled at safety. High on the frog factor quotient.

Salfrog

Tier 1
Not trying throw salt on the wound, but will we still be looking at players from Copperas Cove? Just asking since Tanners father is a/the coach down there. Would he even want any of his players playing for TCU now? I mean this in the sense that is he or will be blaming TCU/Patterson for what Tanner did? Do they even have some of the states top players as in the recent past?

worthag03

Do their recruits watch college football? I didnt realize 7-6 seasons and a missing coach were attractive

Many people including myself downplayed the SEC affect in regards to recruiting, but every one of our recruits has mentioned it as a factor. I also think Sumlin's staff is head and shoulders above Sherman's as far as recruiting. Hopefully he's head and shoulders better at coaching college football.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Some of the targets and UT invitees this weekend (ones in red expected to miss UT for various reasons):

QB, JT Barrett, Wichita Falls Rider
QB, Kenny Hill, Southlake Carroll **baseball tournament
QB, Cody Thomas, Colleyville Heritage **baseball tournament
WR, Eldridge Massington, West Mesquite
WR, Robbie Rhodes, Fort Worth Southwest **basketball playoffs
TE, Jeremiah Gaines, Red Oak
TE, Trent Gow, Mansfield
OL, Kent Perkins, Richardson Lake Highlands
DT, Vincent Taylor, San Antonio Madison
DE, Daeshon Hall, Lancaster
DE/LB, Deon Hollins, Jr., Fort Bend Marshall
DE/LB, Mike Mitchell, Plano Prestonwood Christian
DE, DJ Ward, Lawton (Lawton, OK)
LB, Brett Wade, Kennedale
DB, George Baltimore, Mansfield
DB, Kameron Miles, West Mesquite
ATH, Chevoski Collins, Livingston

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Not trying throw salt on the wound, but will we still be looking at players from Copperas Cove? Just asking since Tanners father is a/the coach down there. Would he even want any of his players playing for TCU now? I mean this in the sense that is he or will be blaming TCU/Patterson for what Tanner did? Do they even have some of the states top players as in the recent past?

Not sure what Reb's reaction has been but CGP has had a good relationship with him and the HC Jack Welch in the past.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Many people including myself downplayed the SEC affect in regards to recruiting, but every one of our recruits has mentioned it as a factor. I also think Sumlin's staff is head and shoulders above Sherman's as far as recruiting. Hopefully he's head and shoulders better at coaching college football.

Several were Katrina evacuees including Wilson at Dunne and a lot of recruiting in the area that TAMU should dominate but Sherman seemed to ignore. Unfortunately several are grade risks and probably will not make it if signed, but looks good on paper right now.

worthag03

With a full year and two summers to get grades right, i wouldn't say they're likely to miss out. I'm just glad we're hitting DFW pretty hard. We haven't done that in a while.

talor

Some of the targets and UT invitees this weekend (ones in red expected to miss UT for various reasons):

QB, JT Barrett, Wichita Falls Rider
QB, Kenny Hill, Southlake Carroll **baseball tournament
QB, Cody Thomas, Colleyville Heritage **baseball tournament
WR, Eldridge Massington, West Mesquite
WR, Robbie Rhodes, Fort Worth Southwest **basketball playoffs
TE, Jeremiah Gaines, Red Oak
TE, Trent Gow, Mansfield
OL, Kent Perkins, Richardson Lake Highlands
DT, Vincent Taylor, San Antonio Madison
DE, Daeshon Hall, Lancaster
DE/LB, Deon Hollins, Jr., Fort Bend Marshall
DE/LB, Mike Mitchell, Plano Prestonwood Christian
DE, DJ Ward, Lawton (Lawton, OK)
LB, Brett Wade, Kennedale
DB, George Baltimore, Mansfield
DB, Kameron Miles, West Mesquite
ATH, Chevoski Collins, Livingston

Just so I am clear...is this the UT JD2 list or the TCU JD list?