• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Leader of TCU interfraternity group arrested

mentoq

A sig I am a sig i'll be a sig for all eternity! A sig by day a sig by night, to be a sig is my delight. In Hoc. EX don't Shave their chests!! Maybe down low to make things look bigger.

RufeBruton

Delta Tau Delta
Sig Ep

Fiji

Those three are the worst frats at TCU

Everyone is entitiled to establish their own metrics on fraternities. Mine include: 1.) comparing the chapter's GPA against the All Campus Average over a period of 5 to 10 years. 2.) What percentage of recruited new members/pledges stay involved with the chapter over the full four year college experience. 3.) how they are perceived by the university adminstration over a multiple year period....ie how often do they have incidents that require their national fraternity to become involved.

Everything else, IMO, such as quality of parties, performance in intramurals, service hours, $$ raised for philantrophies.....don't weigh like the metrics above.

Just my opinion. As a 61 year old alum and District Governor of one of our fraternities.

frogs9497

Man, I think about all the weekends I spent chasing students down the street with a blow torch. Never got caught, not even once.

And to think about how often it occurs- every weekend. Unlucky this dude was last weekend, no doubt.

BUGrad95

Everyone make sure your license plates lights are working. I once got pulled over because they thought I was hiding drugs in there. Sounds like the PD there is getting to that point.

Limey Frog

Good grief. It is well past time that we legalized weed, reduced the drinking back to 18, and stopped allowing Baptists to make laws for other people.

illini_frog

Good grief. It is well past time that we legalized weed, reduced the drinking back to 18, and stopped allowing Baptists to make laws for other people.

Amen.

And seriously guys, if you're going to turn this into a "which frat sucks and which are awesome" conversation, then just please leave forever. What an immature conversation. I have some I personally don't like and some I do, but that conversation just turns into a pissing contest. There are awesome people and there are [Cowherd]s in every organization, which includes fraternities and sororities.

Stiff Arm Frog

Ummm.... pretty sure you're missing the part where the dude was chasing someone with a blow torch

Actually I laughed at that part. It's like the cops arrived on the scene, saw the guy chasing people around with a torch, and then decided that the real problem was the beer.

"You -- keg boy! -- we're taking you downtown. Guy with the blowtorch -- as you were."

BUGrad95

Seriously? You are blaming a particular denomination for the problems? I agree with your point about weed and alcohol, but your blame is misplaced.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
Man I was wondering with the couple of threads lately about the fraternities if my old fraternity was ever going to come up. SuperToad and Bonner hate me and think I am a doosh.

:eek:hmy:

pcf

19 y.o.: "Can I join the Marines?"

Society: "Yes, and thank you for your service."

19 y.o.: "Can I have a beer?"

Society: "Absolutely not! You don't have the necessary judgment to be allowed that!"

19 y.o.: "Can I buy all sorts of assault rifles?"

Society: "Does the Pope wear funny hats? Knock yourself out at cheaperthandirt. You can see all their bargain guns in the sports section."

19yo: "Can I have a glass of wine with my meal?"

Society: "You can't be trusted with an intoxicant like wine."

19 y.o.: "Does that make sense?"

Society: "It doesn't have to make sense. Lawmakers are drunk and high when they pass these laws. The only reason they run for office is to get out of small town backwaters so they can party away from the crystal meth and the church ladies."

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
Actually I laughed at that part. It's like the cops arrived on the scene, saw the guy chasing people around with a torch, and then decided that the real problem was the beer.

"You -- keg boy! -- we're taking you downtown. Guy with the blowtorch -- as you were."

Bwhahahhahahaha. I don't know why but this really made me chuckle.

SuperToad

Man I was wondering with the couple of threads lately about the fraternities if my old fraternity was ever going to come up. SuperToad and Bonner hate me and think I am a doosh.

:eek:hmy:

Hey, I said exceptions. Im sure alums are cool. I was just making the comment about this years recruited class.