• The KillerFrogs

Can We Please Stop With The Conspiracy Theories

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
I mean honestly, some of you are coming off as pure lunatics. This whole thing sucks, BIG TIME. Some of you are acting like the kids did nothing wrong. Yeah, I think weed should be legal too, and I don't even smoke it. That being said, they still committed a crime. Regardless of your views on pot, it is still illegal.

Some of you, especially Goo, are acting if the kids did absolutely nothing wrong. Yeah I understand innocent until proven guilty, but do you really doubt that none of these kids did ANYTHING wrong? I mean give me a break. They didn't investigate this for 6 months for nothing. Yeah I understand one kid got wrongly identified. You know what happened? That kid went nuts calling his parents and trying to get the situation rectified because he KNEW he was innocent. If you really think Brock and the rest were innocent and wrongly identified don't you think they would be screaming it from the rooftops right now?

I understand that a lot think the whole thing was handled wrong and that most of it was nothing but politics. Maybe so. Maybe this whole thing could and should have been handled differently. However, it wasn't. It is what it is. I doubt hardly any of these kids will do any jailtime and yes the amount of weed was very small. Regardless, it is STILL ILLEGAL to sell any amount. Some of you are acting like the kids did nothing wrong just because it was a small amount and Officer Dewey from Scream 2 was running the case.

Let's stop placing the blame on everybody but the people for responsible for this whole mess, the 17 kids selling drugs on campus. They made some stupid decisions and it looks bad on our campus. This will pass just like any other scandal with any university (besides Maybe Penn State because children were being raped). Hell Baylor rebounded from a damn murder within a few years.

back_in_black

Moderators
Don't think it's right for you to give your opinion while telling others to stop giving theirs. Few have said the kids did nothing wrong. What people are saying is things should be put in perspective here. I do question the motives of both the TCU police and the FWPD of having a big press conference to announce they were arresting these "drug dealers" especially given the small amounts we're talking about. This didn't put a dent into anything and the chest beating press conference by the TCU police and FWPD was uncalled for in my opinion.

Army Frog Fan

blackhelicoptersbelieve.jpg

ftwfrog

You're right. I hate to sound like a Chris Rock skit. But I'm more upset with the local MEDIA blowing this thing up, making it look like these kids are criminal masterminds, flashing the TCU logo with handcuffs drapped across, calling it a "drug scandal". This isn't the end of the world. These kids messed up, these kids need to be out of school and yes it should have been handled differently.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
Don't think it's right for you to give your opinion while telling others to stop giving theirs. Few have said the kids did nothing wrong. What people are saying is things should be put in perspective here. I do question the motives of both the TCU police and the FWPD of having a big press conference to announce they were arresting these "drug dealers" especially given the small amounts we're talking about. This didn't put a dent into anything and the chest beating press conference by the TCU police and FWPD was uncalled for in my opinion.

I actually had a closing line of "my opinion" but I think I deleted it by accident when I edited my post .

Anyways, I agreed it could have been handled differently. My point was to people like Goo acting like the kids did nothing wrong. I think I even stated that I had no problem with people questioning the motives of some of the people involved. I am talking about the people taking up for the kids who were obviously doing something illegal.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
Back in black....

In hindsight, I should have chose a better subject line. I really have no problem with the conspiracy theories regarding the motives of some involved. I more have a problem with some of you acting like the kids did nothing wrong JUST because of how it was handled. Regardless of how it was handled and the motives involved, they were still selling drugs.....

roddog

Banned
This didn't put a dent into anything and the chest beating press conference by the TCU police and FWPD was uncalled for in my opinion.

i think your wrong, i think drug dealers and pushers are crapping their pants around fw knowing it will not be tolerated around the tcu area!

you sugar coat things like this, trying to make it seem like if its only small amounts its ok, and nobody will learn anything from it

back_in_black

Moderators
i think your wrong, i think drug dealers and pushers are crapping their pants around fw knowing it will not be tolerated around the tcu area!

you sugar coat things like this, trying to make it seem like if its only small amounts its ok, and nobody will learn anything from it

No Rod, I'm sure the real dealers are laughing now knowing the FWPD spent all this time and money on the small time college dealers. College bookies beware! You are probably next. You're going down!

I'm not sugar coating anything. Those involved should be punished (i'm sure they'll get probabtion). I'm questioning the motives of the FWPD and TCU police to beat their chests as if they've really accomplished something big. This is small time yet they act like they captured Bin Laden.

back_in_black

Moderators
Back in black....

In hindsight, I should have chose a better subject line. I really have no problem with the conspiracy theories regarding the motives of some involved. I more have a problem with some of you acting like the kids did nothing wrong JUST because of how it was handled. Regardless of how it was handled and the motives involved, they were still selling drugs.....

Fair enough. I'm not one of those saying the kids didn't do anything wrong. They should've be involved in even smoking it, much less selling it.

roddog

Banned
No Rod, I'm sure the real dealers are laughing now knowing the FWPD spent all this time and money on the small time college dealers. College bookies beware! You are probably next. You're going down!

laughing huh, just like the fwpd is supposedly laughing at tcu!

funny, i dont recall students or parents complaining on campus about students gambling, and trying to compare selling illegal drugs to betting on games is pretty sad!

i have asked several people who go or went to tcu, they all said that there was a huge drug problem at tcu, one of the former students i knew had a friend that is a dealer who was very nervous right now

but hey, lets just sweep it under the rug or down play it all to protect the school and the program :rolleyes:

Spike

I thought this was going to be a discussion about Craig James. Is there any evidence linking any of the 82 football players who allegedly smoked weed to the deaths of 5 hookers in Dallas?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
It doesn't matter the motives, who the operative was, how long it took, what amount it was. Quit making excuses for them. Little doubt they did it. If you use or sell illegal substances, and you sell to people you don't know, you are taking a risk. Especially if you are a public or high profile individual. It's a numbers game. The courts will determine if all done legally but I have no doubt they did it so they have to deal with he consequences. They are gone and I have moved on, ready for the season with the players smart enough to stay and play. Reload and go. For the students and players, sorry but you did it. I am not going to make excuses for it. Glad you won't be embarrassing TCU again. Next time you will only be further embarrassing yourself and those closest to you.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
It doesn't matter the motives, who the operative was, how long it took, what amount it was. Quit making excuses for them. Little doubt they did it. If you use or sell illegal substances, and you sell to people you don't know, you are taking a risk. Especially if you are a public or high profile individual. It's a numbers game. The courts will determine if all done legally but I have no doubt they did it so they have to deal with he consequences. They are gone and I have moved on, ready for the season with the players smart enough to stay and play. Reload and go. For the students and players, sorry but you did it. I am not going to make excuses for it. Glad you won't be embarrassing TCU again. Next time you will only be further embarrassing yourself and those closest to you.

Looks like we have the same views.