• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

FROGDADDY

but they're so bad at picking up humor via text, that you have to throw in a smiley face to let them know you meant your comment in a fun-spirited manner and weren't being an arsehole

+ 1 million. Learned this the hard way with my sister. Now I add like 30 smiley faces to everything.

YA

Haha.

I'd like to hear your opinion on popped collars. A buddy of mine says there's a golf exemption, and that you can pop your collar on the course for sun blocking purposes. I'm of the ilk that it's never ok. I even feel a little dooshy when I'm wearing a long-sleeved jacket/pullover that has a collar that stands up on it's own. Please discuss.
The jacket/pullover is fine, but the collar is not. There is the little invention called sunscreen that helps if your friend needs some advice to not pop that collar.

FROGDADDY

Haha.

I'd like to hear your opinion on popped collars. A buddy of mine says there's a golf exemption, and that you can pop your collar on the course for sun blocking purposes. I'm of the ilk that it's never ok. I even feel a little dooshy when I'm wearing a long-sleeved jacket/pullover that has a collar that stands up on it's own. Please discuss.

I'm not afraid to pop a collar if it's keeping the sun off my skin cancer prone neck. I do feel as if I need to go out of my way to tell the people around me why I've done this so as not to be mistaken for an SMU student. Now if said shirt is a pink Aberccrombie and Fitch polo that is one size too small then we've got a problem.

FROGDADDY

The jacket/pullover is fine, but the collar is not. There is the little invention called sunscreen that helps if your friend needs some advice to not pop that collar.

You have to be careful with this as continued exposure to sunscreen will stain the collar of your shirt.

FROGDADDY

You are correct. Never OK. I would argue you are a [Craig James] on the course if you let the sun bother you.

You're aware that skin cancer kills just a few people every year right??? I'd say not dooshy if it's a rare occurrence, dooshy if it's an every round type thing.

TCURiggs

You're aware that skin cancer kills just a few people every year right??? I'd say not dooshy if it's a rare occurrence, dooshy if it's an every round type thing.

I don't think I've ever see him put sunscreen on his arms or anything, so I don't think he was actually concerned about protecting his skin. He seemed to just be talking his way out of it. To his credit, I can't remember him doing it since our discussion.

BillupsFrog

Glad we have the self appointed "Doosh Police" to look out for everyone. Personally, I don't give a crap what any of you think about anything I own, wear, buy or display.

I have personalized license plates, own 2 cats and 1 dog, own a pink polo shirt with white stripes and now I even own purple Nike running shoes. I'm not married, yet (engaged currently.) Say what you will. I'm quite comfortable in my own skin any there ain't a damn thing anyone can say that's going to change that, particularly not some internet dork.

Every thread on this site seems to turn into a pissing match with name calling, finger pointing and people generally being jerks because there's no one to call them on it. I was simply asking a question when I started this thread about my old license plates.

So if anyone would like to point out anything to me at the next TCU basketball game I'd gladly accept your comments in person and then we could discuss man to man instead of hiding behind an anonymous internet alias.

Houston Frog

Haha.

I totally agree on the jacket/fleece situation..... I have a nice peacoat kind of deal I wear to work, and both the jacket and inner lining pop up on their own. I'm always trying to fold them down, but it's a losing battle. I got a Patagonia fleece (purple of course) that does the same thing.

Also, I have popped my collar at a baseball game or two where the sun was just beating down on my neck, but it was a situation where everyone was dying from the heat and like 20 people were doing the same thing because the sun was so brutal.

Glad we have the self appointed "Doosh Police" to look out for everyone. Personally, I don't give a crap what any of you think about anything I own, wear, buy or display.

I have personalized license plates, own 2 cats and 1 dog, own a pink polo shirt with white stripes and now I even own purple Nike running shoes. I'm not married, yet (engaged currently.) Say what you will. I'm quite comfortable in my own skin any there ain't a damn thing anyone can say that's going to change that, particularly not some internet dork.

Every thread on this site seems to turn into a pissing match with name calling, finger pointing and people generally being jerks because there's no one to call them on it. I was simply asking a question when I started this thread about my old license plates.

So if anyone would like to point out anything to me at the next TCU basketball game I'd gladly accept your comments in person and then we could discuss man to man instead of hiding behind an anonymous internet alias.

People on here don't like it when you call them out. Expect to get bashed by the mob from now on.

Houston Frog

Nothing wrong with purple anything, Billups, I got a pair of purple Nike running shoes as well. Although I have to admit, way too many dudes in Miatas and Mini Coopers would slow down and look at me when I was jogging in those and my purple TCU jogging shirt as well.... so now I just wear one purple item at a time

Yeah Bonner4Prez, this site has deteriorated since I first joined back in 1998. Obviously this username is new.

Yeah I don't doubt it. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but you never know with some of the people on here. Very bitter folks who just like to post nonsense.

Hf - I did not mean anything by my comment. Just seemed like something Stiffler would have said in American Wedding, but that might not have been what you were insinuating based on your follow up comment.