• The KillerFrogs

Which Big 12 school do you despise the most?

Which school makes you rage?

• Total voters

Stiff Arm Frog

It's a tie between Texas and Baylor.

Baylor has the self-justification and delusional fanbase of a school like Texas, but without any of the accomplishments. I picked Texas, though, because they've actually done more to ruin college football as a whole. Destroying the SWC for personal gain, chasing Nebraska off to the Big10, and screwing the Big12 over with their stupid LHN that no one will watch but which will prevent the formation of a Big12 network.

illini_frog

KU. For personal reasons though, and they have worse fans than Baylor and maybe UT.

I'd say my tiers of hate go...

KU
UT, Baylor
Tech
Everyone else

NateTCU

I hate Texas, but I feel Texas sees us like they saw Aggie, as a second tier rival. Maybe even third tier.

Texas' rivals from Texas' prospective:
1. Oklahoma
2. Texas A&M
3. Texas Tech
4. Baylor, TCU, Rice, SMU, Houston
9. Oklahoma State
10. Arkansas
11. K-State, Nebraska

I don't want my primary hatred going towards a school that could careless that I hate them. So Baylor is my most hated B-12 school.

dadinchucks

There are so many reasons to hate Texas.

1.) T-shirt fans. They're the variety that tried to get in to Texas but weren't accepted, went to University of North Texas but still rooted for Texas, never graduated and swear Colt McCoy was the second coming of Christ. They're knowledge of college football echos Rick Perry's ability to hold a cohesive, intelligent thought.
2.) The entitlement of the school and their fans. I'd swear Texas thinks they are in the NFL and the rest of the Texas schools -- and every college football fan -- owes them something for existing.
3.) The voters and their belief that Texas will win every National Championship.
4.) The fact that they are the official school of ESPN and by association, they suck because of that.

Yet every time Texas goes 5-7 and then 8-5 and ESPN begs me to call U-verse and ask for the Longhorn Network, I sports cry.

We could lose to Texas for the next 50 years so long as they never win another national title and I would die a happy man.

dadinchucks

Related: it is hard to hate Baylor. They're like the red-headed, special needs cousin-in-law that won a blue ribbon at the school field day. They're having their moment in the sun, dancing and hugging and spraying Dr. Pepper every where. There is something endearing and lovable about that.

And again, any team that can beat vaunted, entitled Texas is a win in my book. And the fact that they are small and private -- albeit creepily Baptist -- is icing.

Kaiser

I need the ability to vote for at least 7 teams.

I liked most of the MWC teams; I despise most of the B12.

Voted Tech. It would be Aggy if they had stuck around & still mattered.

Limey Frog

Texas is arrogant and treats other schools the way Craig James may or may not treat $20 hookers, but you have to admit that are legitimately a big deal. Maybe not as big as they think, and definitely an embarrassing historic underachiever, but still a big deal. They're the big fish in the giant lake that is Texas college sports.

What's Tech's excuse? They treat TCU with disdain because in their hearts, they know we're better. This makes me despise them.

AEAfrog

I despise Texas. Baylor and Tech occasionally bother me but I find their fans to be much more tolerable. I generally like OU and OSU and don't really care about the rest.

Deep Purple

Texas, hands-down. But Tech and Baylor are tied for second. Actually sort of fond of OU, Okie-State, and K-State -- or at least I respect them. Kansas and Iowa State don't register on my radar. Aggie and Mizzou are no longer relevant to the discussion. WVU is still an unknown. They may or may not be in the conference next season.

geefrogs

someone out there hates Iowa State........come on!
biggrin.gif

maybe a brawl after the Texas Bowl back in the day?

purplepreacher

It's a tie between Texas and Baylor.

Baylor has the self-justification and delusional fanbase of a school like Texas, but without any of the accomplishments. I picked Texas, though, because they've actually done more to ruin college football as a whole. Destroying the SWC for personal gain, chasing Nebraska off to the Big10, and screwing the Big12 over with their stupid LHN that no one will watch but which will prevent the formation of a Big12 network.
All the things mentioned above about UT led to our being included in the big whatever. This is an example of what Reinhold Niebuhr called the irony of history!